Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access 1852i ME web GUI after setup

grant.wigley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just converted a 1852i from lightweight to ME; this was no problem; its now running 8.8.100. The AP boots fine and i can configure the network by connecting to the SSID CiscoAirProvision . Once it reboots I can connect to the AP via wireless and access the internet. However when i try and access the management IP which i set during the setup stage (to get the web GUI), it times out. I am unable to ping it also, destination host unreachable. The DHCP IP which is given to the AP by my network is able to ping and when I HTTP to it, i get the officeextend access point image. I have had a bit of a read and most people say this was a bug on the previous version but is now fixed?

My switch network is very simple, all traffic is in vlan 1 and i am using a /24 network. The management IP i gave it is in the same /24 range as all my hosts.

I've got a reasonable handle on networks but this one has be quite confused.

3 Replies 3

There are two IPs used in this setup. One for the AP & other one for WLC management IP. 

Did you try WLC management IP address ? If no vlan tagging in use, did you setup WLC management on vlan 0 (not to tag)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

thats the problem, the management IP just is unreachable. I cant ping it or HTTP to it. The AP works fine, aka accepts clients and passes data, i just cant access the management IP.

OK after spending plenty of time on this i decided to configure it using the web interface and not the APP. funnily enough its now working! So there is a difference when you configure it with the webfront and not the mobile APP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card