Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access 1852i ME web GUI after setup

grant.wigley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just converted a 1852i from lightweight to ME; this was no problem; its now running 8.8.100. The AP boots fine and i can configure the network by connecting to the SSID CiscoAirProvision . Once it reboots I can connect to the AP via wireless and access the internet. However when i try and access the management IP which i set during the setup stage (to get the web GUI), it times out. I am unable to ping it also, destination host unreachable. The DHCP IP which is given to the AP by my network is able to ping and when I HTTP to it, i get the officeextend access point image. I have had a bit of a read and most people say this was a bug on the previous version but is now fixed?

My switch network is very simple, all traffic is in vlan 1 and i am using a /24 network. The management IP i gave it is in the same /24 range as all my hosts.

I've got a reasonable handle on networks but this one has be quite confused.

3 Replies 3

There are two IPs used in this setup. One for the AP & other one for WLC management IP. 

Did you try WLC management IP address ? If no vlan tagging in use, did you setup WLC management on vlan 0 (not to tag)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

thats the problem, the management IP just is unreachable. I cant ping it or HTTP to it. The AP works fine, aka accepts clients and passes data, i just cant access the management IP.

OK after spending plenty of time on this i decided to configure it using the web interface and not the APP. funnily enough its now working! So there is a difference when you configure it with the webfront and not the mobile APP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card