Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access to Mobility Express management site

Helo:

I have just installed a new 1542i AP. Is the first one AP in this installation. It comes with CapWAP so I changed it to ME image. I made the ME configuracion through console. Now the AP is running fine, and the WiFi too. I can connect using the WiFi provided by this AP, I can ping the management interface, and I can SSH to the AP. but I'm not able to access to the management web interface. I try to manually enable both, http and https access, but it doesn't work with none of the como explorers. After a few seconds trying to connect the collection fails (no responding). What am i doing wrong? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you console to the WLC-AP and post the output for the below

sh int detail management

and then login to the AP shell by using the below commands and post the output of below.

apciscoshell

sh ip int brief

Also make sure that the connecting switchport is correctly configured as well. It must be a trunk with Management VLAN set as native VLAN.

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan <management_VLAN-ID)

switchport trunk allowed vlan (Managment VLAN, VLAN's tagged to SSID's)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you console to the WLC-AP and post the output for the below

sh int detail management

and then login to the AP shell by using the below commands and post the output of below.

apciscoshell

sh ip int brief

Also make sure that the connecting switchport is correctly configured as well. It must be a trunk with Management VLAN set as native VLAN.

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan <management_VLAN-ID)

switchport trunk allowed vlan (Managment VLAN, VLAN's tagged to SSID's)

Hi Arshadsaf:

That was the problem: the administration interface has a diferent interface from the physical one, and I don't know it. Now I can access the management web using the second IP. Thank you!

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: