Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure AIR-AP1030-A-K9

nimish18rocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a Cisco AIR-AP1030-A-K9 with me which I have been trying to configure for some time. I need to install this at our workplace which has a wired DSL connection. The problem I am facing is that I cannot view the web interface for this aironet, I read some documents on how to configure it through enthernet port by opening default ip 10.0.0.1 . But, when I connect it with my pc, it does not provide any IP to my pc as it is said in documents that it has a mini dhcp server in it. I have tried changing the cables and every other option, but nothing. It shows connectivity with limited connecton.

I am really tired of trying to configure this. Kindly help me out as to what is the way to open the web interface for this device and how to quickly configure this.

Looking forward for your reply at the earliest ?

Regards

Nimish Singh

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to set your pc with a static ip address. Use 10.0.0.2 with a 225.225.25.0 subnet. You don't need to set your default gateway for this. Try that and see if that works.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Isn't the 1030 a lightweight only AP (the Airespace APs)? There isn't any autonomous support for those, right?

If I'm correct, there is no GUI to this AP (or really any manual config for that matter) as it is expected to boot up and join a WLC for its configuration and would not be able to be used standalone.

Correct and correct ...

If your AP looks like this its only thin and will only work up to code 4.2 on the WLC. It will not work as autonomous.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6306/ps6315/product_data_sheet0900aecd8025708a_ps6306_Products_Data_Sheet.html

+5 W...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for the reply..!!!

After reading the datasheet for this, I think you are right about this aironet not having autonomous support. From what I can collect they can only be connected with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers. Can you tell me which models are standalone aironet which can be configured through GUI ? Also I have a AIR-BR350-A-K9 with me, can that be used as a WAP at our office ?

No worries. So the 1000 seies 1010 1020 and 1030 are ONLY WLC models, no autonomous.

The BR350 is actually a bridge model, BR. You may be able to put that in access point mode but even if you can its only a 802.11b radio. Which means max of 11 PHy rate.

Almost all the other cisco aps will do autonmous. The new 3500 and 3600 are an expcetion at the moment. They only do thin, but rumor is that they will support autnomous very soon. If you have as specific model let me know ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for the reply George. Yes, it is the same one as given in the link. Any idea with which WLC can these be used ? Also I have a AIR-BR350-A-K9 with me, can that be used as a WAP at our office ?

That 350 is a bridge and you wouldn't be able to use that as an access point. It might be better to purchase older AP models that are autonomous and doesnt require a WLC. Like the 1130.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Guys

What about CISCO AIR-AP352E2R-A-K9 , can this aironet be used as autonomous without a WLC ?

That is a very old AP. That doesn't need a WLC and depending on what is loaded on that, it's either vxworks or iOS. That is an 802.11b only AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card