Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Edit QoS profiles in WLC 2504

moin.meer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a wireless solution where we have 2504 WLC, 1700i and 2700i APs.

Software Version 8.1

I have following 2 questions if someone could assist me on these?

Question 1:

I could see 4 QoS profiles (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze), but the problem is I am unable to edit any of them.

Neither can I create a new custom profile where I could limit the data rate for each QoS Profile.

Question 2:

On local policies, I have created a policy for Mobile users, where I'm restricting them to use 1Mbps data rate. The policy works fine until a user came and told me they have a server hosted in local network which is not accessible from Mobile device. (192.168.64.83:10080)

I changed few things and observed that when I'm restricting the Mobile users to 1Mbps (or any higher data rate), they are unable to access the server. Whereas, when I keep these data rate fields blank, they could access the server. This solves the problem, but they get the full bandwidth which I would like to restrict.

P.S. The server is hosted on the same subnet as the mobile users.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer the link : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-1/configuration-guide/b_cg81/b_cg81_chapter_01111.html#ID2898

Configuring QoS Profiles (GUI)

Step 1   Disable the 802.11a and 802.11b/g networks so that you can configure the QoS profiles.

To disable the radio networks, choose Wireless > 802.11a/n/ac or 802.11b/g/n > Network, unselect the 802.11a (or 802.11b/g) Network Status check box, and click Apply.

Step 2   Choose Wireless > QoS > Profiles to open the QoS Profiles page.
    Step 3   Click the name of the profile that you want to configure to open the Edit QoS Profile page.
    Step 4   Change the description of the profile by modifying the contents of the Description text box.
    Step 5   Define the data rates on a per-user basis as follows:
    1. Define the average data rate for TCP traffic per user by entering the rate in Kbps in the Average Data Rate text boxes. A value of 0 indicates that the value specified in the selected QoS profile will take effect.
    2. Define the peak data rate for TCP traffic per user by entering the rate in Kbps in the Burst Data Rate text boxes. A value of 0 indicates that the value specified in the selected QoS profile will take effect.

Hi Mohana,

It's Moin here :)

I have already gone through this, but it didn't help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card