cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to See SSID broadcast from the 1815i once the Cisco Mobility Express is set up through Cisco Air Provision

stoteda
Level 1
Level 1

The SSID I created broadcasts for a few seconds then disappears.  Then there is no way to connect in, and the lights cycle red, green and amber.

4 Replies 4

Divya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When the AP LED blinks with different colors which means it is rebooting or trying to find a Controller.

Could you please check if the AP registered and stable in the ME? Use the command "show ap summ"

Regards,

Divya

The problem is that I am trying to set up the Master.  I am able to DHCP an IP address from my network, then after a period of time the Cisco Air Provision SSID appears, which I connect to.  I am able to run the web-based set up for the Cisco Mobility Express.  It then goes through the reboot cycle.

The AP appears to boot and then for a few minutes it will broadcast the SSID I created in the first step....but then if I try to connect, the SSID disappears and I am not able to connect in to the AP.

When I set up the 1815i in Cisco Mobility Express Mode, I am prompted to set up a Management IP and then a Management DHCP.  I am using this with a Cisco RV325, and I would like to keep the Router as the DHCP service point.  So I set the Management IP to 192.168.1.10, which falls below the range of dynamic DHCP of 192.168.1.100-149

I am not clear on how this needs to be set up.  Can I provision the ME Master AP over the air, and what IP Address would I use?  In my case, the SSID is not broadcasting. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I did a Factory reset on each AP and then ran through the Mobility express process on the unit I wanted as a Master.  I put the Management IP outside the range of my normal DHCP Pool and used MAC binding to assign the AP with a preset IP address.

Then I powered up the Master and waited for the Cisco Air Provision.  Unlike the video online, it took quite a while.  I also had to reboot the after the first attempt.  But after a while the AP came up.  the second AP came up and joined the network and I was able to log into the Management IP and set the unit up.

All seems to work well.  It probably helped that I went out to the local Fry's and bought a USB to DB9 and DB( to RJ45 cable so I could console in...but when I came home the APs were all up and running!

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card