cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to send and receive Whatsapp messages over 5hz on Cisco AP

Piccard
Level 1
Level 1

A customer reported that they could not send or receive Whatsapp messages when connected to Cisco AP. I did some troubleshooting and found that devices connected on the 5hz band could not send and receive Whatsapp but devices connected to the 2hz could. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if other internet-apps can be used on 5Ghz

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if other internet-apps can be used on 5Ghz

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yes I was able to browse.

Sorry I read that wrong.. I was able to browse but I did not try another apps because the customer main focus was WhatsApp messages. I will try and find out if that's the only app giving the problem.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe the person who complained has a wireless client that only supports 2.4 Ghz.

I don't think that's the case. I checked the AP and saw that she was connected to it and we don't allow rogue AP in the building. 

My WLC has two different regions on it and I'm wondering if that's the cause of this anomaly.

@Piccard wrote:
I checked the AP and saw that she was connected to it and we don't allow rogue AP in the building. 

Did someone check if the person is connected to 2.4 Ghz or 5.0 Ghz radio?

Yes, I did. 

@Piccard wrote:
Yes, I did. 

Is this a "Yes" and she's connected to 2.4 Ghz?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card