cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to web login to Autonomous AIR-CAP3502E?

jeffbeaulieu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing this weird issue where I am able to login using Cisco/Cisco through the console cable but I keep getting prompted to enter my credentials if I try to login through the web interface. NOTE: If I enter wrong credentials on purpose I end up redirected to a 401 error page but if I enter the proper default credentials I keep getting prompted but never end up at a 401 error page.

At first I thought that perhaps the default credentials had changed somehow / by accident so I did reload of the autonomous firmware (ap3g1-k9w7-tar.default) which went through but that didn't help.

I have done a write erase which went through but that didn't help.

I have ran ap:delete flash:private-config
ap:delete flash:private-multiple-fs
ap:boot
but I still end up with the login credential popup when connect to it through the web browser. What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Try to create another administrative account  using the CLI and check if that can be used for the  GUI , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs (show logging) on the AP through the console (which you have access to) just after a failed web-login  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

To be honest I see nothing hinting that a login failed Capture.PNG

- Configure logging trap debugging and try again , 

M.

I will give this a try. I am not too familiar with all the CLI sessions with Cisco APs and I have been somewhat busy at work lately and preparing Genesys certifications but I will provide the results of my test.

Alright so here is what I got (somehow I feel I did something wrong). I still don't see anything that seems to be related to my login attempts just before running show logging again.

Screen Output1Screen Output1Screen Output2Screen Output2

>...just before running show logging again.
  You need to issue the show logging command after the failed logins , 

M.

Yes. That is in fact what I have done. Note though that the login failure occurs when I try to access the web interface not when I use the command line. From the command line if I use Cisco / Cisco I log in with no problem. And just to make sure I have also entered bad credentials on the command line to check if it was just a fluke and indeed my login got rejected when doing so. 

But yeah the provided screen captures here show me running the show logging after several login attempts to the web interface. But as you can see it is as if I have never attempted to actually login.

Now that I come to think about it if I purposely enter wrong credentials to access the web interface I do get an actual login failure. Would a screen capture of show logging after doing that be helpful?

- Try to create another administrative account  using the CLI and check if that can be used for the  GUI , 

M.

Ok that worked marce1000!!!

I created another account as you have suggested

jeffbeaulieu_0-1673588093842.png

And while I was at it I also enabled Telnet

jeffbeaulieu_1-1673588224954.png

So creating a different administrator account for the purpose of accessing the web interface got me through!

jeffbeaulieu_2-1673588932932.png

But I am confused...

Why is it that Cisco/Cisco fails at the web/GUI level but is accepted through the Console cable while my newly created account doesn't have such issue? I mean it is fine if it is not working as I have an alternative to get in but I am a bit curious... Do you have an idea what may be at play here?

>...Why is it that Cisco/Cisco fails at the web/GUI level but is accepted through the Console cable while my newly created account..
        - It's probably a safety precaution to allow the default account for basic configuration only on the console, (for initial configuration)

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card