Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Mode Access Point

Atsushi Ikeda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a question about unified mode access point .

Before the unified mode ap was released,  factory-default " AIR-CAP**** " had a recovery Image.

Then, What type of a image the unified mode access point has ? ... RCV or not RCV ?
If the its image is an unique type, does it operate as rcv image ?

The following thought is a reason why I ask such a question.
 the unified mode can be run on only first boot time and I cannot validate on a real machine.
( Exactly, the unified mode boot comes to be unable after joining to a WLC or converting to an autonomous mode because the unified image is to be deleted and there is no unified image on the Cisco Software DL Center. )
If I am wrong, point that out please.

If I can reconstruct the unified image by using a RCV image on the Cisco site and saving an autonomous image to the flash, this question is cleared.
( I think this is impossible. )

Help me please.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RCV stands for "recovery".  It is a "lite" or "mini" IOS designed to get the AP to join a WLC.  The RCV image is NOT for production run.  

Of course I know that.
It goes without saying that I know that.

A factory-default access point which is the previous generation ( 1600/2600/3600 etc.) has the "rcv" image on its flash.So it can join to WLC.
This is correct, isn't it ?

Then, how about an unified image ?
In fact, is it  a recovery image ?
If not, is it a full image ?

Then, how about an unified image ?
In fact, is it  a recovery image ?
If not, is it a full image ?

CAPWAP image is the "full" image.  This is the firmware or IOS that the WLC will distribute to the APs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card