Views
Helpful
Replies

UNII-1 Channels with Mesh

justin.cetko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are looking to deploy an indoor mesh deployment in an area where radar might be an issue.

I know that when using 1500 series APs you cannot choose UNII-1 channels even if they are deployed indoors.

My question is if you can use a UNII-1 backhaul with indoor APs (3600 series for example) in an indoor mesh deployment.

FYI we are in Europe.

Thanks,

Justin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, it would appear that you can select UNII-1 with a indoor ap. See below. I hope this helps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If UNII-1 is legal for indoor access points, it would be the same for other indoor APs in bridge mode. Outdoor APs ate different due to their EIRP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply but that was not really what I was trying to know.

I know that UNII-1 is legal for indoor use here in Europe. My question is can an indoor AP, configured to be a mesh AP be configured to use UNII-1 channels for the backhaul.

The 1500 series cannot, even if they are being used indoor and the EIRP has not been exceeded. It is just not an option. So..I was wondering if it was the same for indoor APs that are configured to mesh APs.

Thanks,

Justin

yes, it would appear that you can select UNII-1 with a indoor ap. See below. I hope this helps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks. This helps alot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card