cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Mobility Express - How do I accept the EULA?

mcreilly
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a single 1815i access point with Mobility Express for home use and plan to add a couple more APs later. Tried to update to latest software via GUI and discovered a SmartNet agreement is required. Fair enough - SmartNet duly purchased and associated with my CCO login.

Current revision installed is 8.5.140.0. Trying to update via GUI, it shows there's an 8.10.105.0 available - even before I "Check Now". If I then click to check for updates, it spins for a bit then throws an error "Download URL exception: Eula form have not been accepted or rejected to continue download" (some quality English there!). The manual says nothing about accepting the EULA to check for new versions, only to update to them.

If I click "Update" the wizard the manual talks about starts. A tab for what release I want to update to, one for whether I want to restart now or later, and then the confirm tab. According to the instructions I should be presented with the EULA when I "confirm". I'm not - it spins for a few seconds then comes up with the same error text as when I do a check for updates (but this time in a popup window, first time is just on the page).

If I go to downloads on cisco.com, I can select the upgraded version there and download it, accepting the EULA when prompted. Wondered if accepting there would allow the WLC to recognise I accepted the license... it doesn't.

I'd prefer to do the update from the GUI for simplicity. I've tried multiple different browsers including one with no popup blocks enabled etc, but nothing I do seems to get the WLC to prompt me to accept the EULA, which I'm perfectly happy to do to get this updated.

Is there a CLI method to accept it as there is for some router feature licenses? What am I missing here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you should have received an e-mail to the registered mail-address for your smart account

with subject: "Action Required to Download Cisco Software for your device(s)"

Please click Here to review and accept the end user license agreement to download software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you should have received an e-mail to the registered mail-address for your smart account

with subject: "Action Required to Download Cisco Software for your device(s)"

Please click Here to review and accept the end user license agreement to download software.

Thanks Pieter. That did in fact turn out to be the case - after trying again to do the update yesterday and it failing with the same error, I opened a TAC case. Technician was helpful but suggested the GUI update from cisco.com functionality was broken in 8.5 and that a upgrading from a local TFTP server after downloading the package from cisco.com was the best way forward. I did that and the upgrade to 8.10 was successful... but the "check for updates" button still threw the same error message. Gave up and went to bed.

Some time overnight, I received exactly the email you describe from Cisco. I followed the link and was able to accept the EULA online this morning. The "check" button now works with no error - there's no newer version available to confirm the "upgrade" button works but I suspect it probably will now.

I don't understand why I didn't get that email sooner. I've been trying this upgrade off and on for two weeks. It's also completely out of step with the documentation, which says the EULA is accepted as part of the upgrade wizard and says nothing about email. It's a first for me - I've worked with Cisco kit for years and I thought I was familiar with their licensing processes (usually registering PAKs and installing .lic files) but Mobility Express is different for some reason. Maybe there are other products I haven't used yet that work the same way.

I do not think this is "as designed". but encountered this with available updates in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Our Cisco account has been migrated to Smart-account, but CPI still uses traditional licensing.

I guess here may be some origin of this behaviour.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: