jeremyshack
Level 1
Level 1

currently have WLC 2500 with the following info:

Product Version ...7.6.100.0
Bootloader version .. 1.0.18
Field Recovery image version 1.0.0
Firmware Version...PIC 16.0

I am running 14 AP's 1602I currently but recently purchase 2 1802I models. neither will connect and I believe I need to upgrade software to v8.3.112 before they will. 

my Question is will this mess up older models of AP's and I don't know FUS version to know if I need to upgrade that 1st.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The final firmware support for the 1600 is 8.5.X.X so you will be fine.
Please read the Release Notes very, very carefully. With 7.6.100.0 you should be fine to go straight to 8.3.X.X. Make sure to use the latest version of the train chosen.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Leo mentioned,

you can go ahead and install the newer version as 1602 last support version is 8.5.X.

Regarding FUS:

My recommndation is to upgrade FUS and then upgrade the WLC software version.

Info: An upgrade to FUS 2.0 is mandatory if you have PIC 1.0.19 due to CSCuu46671 ; if you do not have PIC 1.0.19, it is mandatory to upgrade to FUS 1.9 or 2.0 before upgrading to AireOS release 8.3.121.0 or above.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

thanks for your reply. now Cisco is saying I can't download software without a service contract. tried the FUS and the 8.3.x.x with the same results. I was not aware of this when I bought the new AP's. am I in the wrong place or is this correct.

Your WLC will need to be under contract for code upgrades.  You can check your eligibility via this link.

https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

Put your WLC serial # in that tool and confirm, though if you've already done so w/ TAC then you have your answer.

If you dont have a valid service contract then you cnat download from cisco portal.

Best is to contact to your supplier and ask about it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card