cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Device Profiling

Yadira
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade the device types for WLC version 8.0.140.0.

I read than I can upgrade the OUIs from IEEE page ( http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/oui/oui.txt ), but, is it possible to add more devices types in the Device Profiling without cisco ISE? And, If I upgrade the OUIs, I'll lost the older or the news OUI's only are added.

Sorry for my English, this is not my native lenguaje. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

This isn't an incremental update, it will replace all the database.

OUI and device profiling are 2 different databases.

I had some issues in the past. Sometimes the updates doesn't work and the database well be empty.

There only way to solve will be to re-apply the software code.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark add correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you download the OUI list, you download the ENTIRE list (and not just the new ones).

Make sure you have authorized change control in place.  I once crashed a pair of  HA controllers when I upgraded the OUI.

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

This isn't an incremental update, it will replace all the database.

OUI and device profiling are 2 different databases.

I had some issues in the past. Sometimes the updates doesn't work and the database well be empty.

There only way to solve will be to re-apply the software code.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark add correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks so much, the problem actually was than I made a policy to block cellphone devices, but some pc's are matching in the policy or some devices appear as unclassified, I assumed that upgrading the OUIs help to classified correct this devices, or upgrading the devices profiling, but I don't found the way to upgrade the device profiling without ISE.

If you have any suggestions on how to solve it, I would be grateful if you would share it with me.

Without ISE, there aren't multiple solutions. 

You have to update OUI and device profiling on wlc. 

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco

I searched but can't found the .xml file to upgrade the device profiling, is it available in the Cisco support page or how I can get it?

Thanks again. 

Honestly I don't know if you can get it on Cisco web site. 

You can export it from Cisco ISE.

If you have demo version then you are able to take it and upload in your wlc. 

Maybe there is another way but I'm not aware of. I used to export it from ISE

Thanks
Francesco

Thank so much for your help, I will try that.

Regards. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card