cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent Help regarding Wlan controller and access point

Sharhan Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2504 WLC contoller and AIR-SAP1602E-E-K9 access points and all connected to gigabit cisco switches. I have a 200mbps fiber line from ISP and when i try to download through wireless i am not getting more 40mbps.

Please advise me whether this is model will support or if it doesn;t support please suggest me the models and its requirements.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have 2504 WLC contoller and AIR-SAP1602E-E-K9

Your AP is a "SAP", which means "Stand-alone AP".  You'll need to convert the AP into controller-based AP before it'll start looking for a WLC.

Its alsready running on WLC controller. Presently 20 access points are installed and the Controller can detect all the access points. Plus i have configured two services on the same controller. So the access point is broadcasting two ssid One ssid is for a 10MB link and another ssid is 200MB.

When i am connecting to 200MB link i am not able to get the full throughput. I am just able to use upto 40mbps.

Please advise

End devices will show connection up to 144mbps on the 2.4ghz with 802.11n and up to 300mbps if you are running 40mhz channels width on the 5ghz. Or else you will achieve up to 144mbos if 20mhz is used.  Wireless is also half duplex which means that if you connect at 144mbps, the most your will get as far as throughout is half of that which is 72mbps. Now if you have other users on that AP, the throughput of course can drop. Now to be honest, I have never able to always get the throughout from wireless no matter what vendor.  It seems like uoload speeds are better from my experience, but download hasn't been that great. Code version of course makes a difference along with access point, but I'm not keeping a list of my results.  Some had better experience with running access points in FlexConnect mode other than local, but of course you will loose some of the features that local mode provides. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott. So what is the best product i can supply them, as all there users will be connected through wireless and they will at least prefer around 100 to 120 Mbps speed. I can see that i am connected on 72 Mbps on my wireless network card, but when ever i do a download or speed test its not exceeding more than 40mbps where else when i connect through cat 6 i am able to reach around 180mbps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card