Views
Helpful
Replies

Using DNAC to provision 8540 WLC

SNGreene
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently working on standing our 8540 WLCs using DNAC. This will our first time using DNAC to complete this migration. Is this possible? If so is the any documentation that will explain how to implement (complete) this? Has any one used DNAC to migrate their WLCs? How can I do this? Once it's up how do I set our APs to migrate from the 5504 to the 8540

Thank you for your help

2 Replies 2

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

@SNGreene : There are two ways to provision, First thing is to add the device to the DNA Center and there are two different ways ( Adding to the inventory via discovery or direct, secondly through the PNP process). Once the device is added to the inventory and managed by DNAC, the configs will be pushed to the respective WLCs. Below is the guide to help you more on that.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_1_2/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_1_1_chapter_01101.html 

Awesome thank you! Will checkout the link and your recommendation. Will this config push work for 5504 to 8540 WLCs? Or will I need to make some changes on the config before it pushes out?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card