cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP call Failed (Error Code 15) in Prime Event log.

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

I'm seeing the following events in Prime Infrastructure related to Cisco 7925 phones.

VOIP Call Failed for "(Error Code 15) occurred on client "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' which was associated to AP <APName> on interface 802.11b/g.

I can't seem to find where this error code 15 is defined.  The closest I was able to find was error code 15 under gatekeeper codes in the following document which may or may not be relavent.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/monitor/configuration/guide/vt_voip_err_cds_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Jake

P.S. No voip call jokes on 802.11b/g please

5 Replies 5

whilenski
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a resolution for this?  I have the same issue.

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

It was funny settings under the Adv WLAN profile on the phone. Reset the offending handsets and reconfigured and they were fine.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Now I'm curious what the funny settings were.  I set mine to use non-overlapping channels for the A and G radios, however, this doesn't appear to resolve it.  I am wondering what settings you found worked.

It had 18Mbps set as the min phy rate.  I also think it has to do with CAC issues at 18Mbps that are pretty well noted and differeing mandatory rates across the 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n networks on the controller.  When the phone would roam onto a radio with 18Mbps was the min mandatory rate, it would drop and give this error.

Thanks for the reply!  Mine are set to the default PHY rate, however, it gives me something to double check on the wireless side to make sure it is enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card