cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client for PocketPC 2003 and other PDAs

vocollect
Level 1
Level 1

Certicom has announced that it will no longer support the movianVPN client for PocketPC as of Oct 31, 2004. That was the only client that I was aware of that worked with the Cisco 3000 series concentrator. Is there another option available? Will Cisco ever make a VPN client for the PDA platforms? More and more phones have PocketPC running, you will see a greater demand for Sales/CxOs to want to login to internal resources without having to boot a laptop.

here is the link for the Certicom info.

http://www.certicom.com/index.php?action=product,secapps_index

4 Replies 4

bloconnor
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully gotten L2TP (built-in vpn client in PocketPC) to connect through the 3000, but you have to use certs on the Radius server and the Pocketpc client.

bernie

would you be willing to discuss you config and expiriences via email ?

ldodd@scholastic.com

Hi. I am experiencing the same problem. I am about to purchase 2 HP iPAQ 6315 PDA phones and need them to access my networks through VPN 3030 boxes. Now that Movian is gone and I can't seem to find a single client out there, I was wondering if I could have some assistance with the setup. I would greatly appreciate it.

You can email me at michael.vourlias@equilend.com.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I believe the original position taken by Certicom has changed - you should now be able to download the client from their website.

I am however having problems getting the Movian client to pass traffic in a NAT environment, but that might be my config.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card