Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC in NCS

Hello community,

Does anybody know when the NCS will support a vWLC? At the moment it is still an "unknown device".

And there is no NCS version update out yet.

Regards,

Sebastian Wieseler

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=284396249

If your upgrading from 1.1, you need to install the upgrade patch then the upgrade bundle 1.2.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You already have a vWLC running????

Amazing!

NCS update for the vWLC should be out by the end of the year 2012.

Yep! It runs quite good

And thanks for the information! I guessed the NCS would be out earlier with the vWLC support.

And rumour has it that the number of AP support will grow with future updates.

Yep. Access Points in local mode are not supported, so it should be less load for the vWLC.
But it's quite comfortable that Cisco gives you a test license with 200 supported Access Points for almost 9 weeks.

Have you upgraded to PI 1.2. I believe that supports vWLC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

In the "download area" of cisco.com you only have the choice between 1.1 and 1.0. There is no 1.2

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=284396249

If your upgrading from 1.1, you need to install the upgrade patch then the upgrade bundle 1.2.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Remember, that Prime Infrastructure is replacing NCS, that is why its not in the NCS download area.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you so much!

Make sense.

*downloading and trying to add our vWLC*

Just make sure you follow the upgrade instruction. PI 1.2 will support any 7.3 code versions.

-Scott

Thanks Scott.  I'm reading the document link you've posted and, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't need VMware to install this software.

Did I read this correctly?

I guess if you have the appliance, but if you have NCS running on VMware you can patch the version you have and then install the upgrade bundle.

-Scott

I guess if you have the appliance, but if you have NCS running on VMware you can patch the version you have and then install the upgrade bundle.

What if it's a fresh install on a generic server?

Well I would think you need vm unless you run red hat Linux enterprise.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card