cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VxWorks to IOS uprade leftovers

yantisj
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently in the process of upgrading our APs from VxWorks to IOS using the WLSE. I have some questions about some of the things found in the configuration such as class maps and QOS things. There just seems to be a lot of leftover items that I would like to remove but do not know if they are necessary. For instance:

class-map match-all _class-48

match ip dscp cs6

class-map match-all _class-18

match ip dscp af21

class-map match-all _class-26

match ip dscp af31

class-map match-all _class-40

match ip dscp cs5

class-map match-all _class_input_202

!

!

policy-map _policy_input_202

class _class_input_202

policy-map _policy_Protocol_Filter_202_119

class _class_Protocol_Filter_202_119

set cos 6

policy-map fallback_policy

class _class-0

set cos 0

class _class-8

traffic-class 0 cw-min 5 cw-max 8 fixed-slot 3

traffic-class 1 cw-min 5 cw-max 8 fixed-slot 3

traffic-class 2 cw-min 5 cw-max 8 fixed-slot 2

traffic-class 3 cw-min 5 cw-max 8 fixed-slot 2

etc etc.

I thought this might be a workaround of some sort but I don't know. I would just like to drop this from our configs because they are complicated enough without all of this. Am I OK to get rid of this stuff or do I need it?

2 Replies 2

lisa.hall
Level 2
Level 2

Well QoS is configured only to ensure that everyone gets their share of their bandwidth, or if any application must be guarenteed any bandwidth. So I guess you should be the right person to decide if your applications still require their share of bandwidth.

The thing is, we did not nor ever have configured QoS on our APs. I thought that maybe the WLSE added them as a workaround or to improve service in general, but I have no idea where they came from or what sort of QoS they provide to what applications. I am planning on removing them, I just wanted to know why they were there in the first place. Thanks for the response.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card