Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to upgrade WLC5508 to version 7.4

Puneet Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have five cisco WLC 5508 and one WCS .The WLC is running on 7.0.116.0 version at present but we want to upgrade it to 7.4.100.0 but on cisco site at download location , the below thing is mentioned...

WLC Version 7.4.100.0 will need Prime Infrastructure Version 1.3 to be  managed, Version 1.3 is not yet available to download at this point of  time

Access Point Model----Cisco 3501i Series

So i want to know, can i upgrade it to this version when we are having the WCS in our network ?

Or any other obligations in doing the upgrdation ?

Thanks....

16 Replies 16

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have no plans on upgrading the WCS, why do you want to go with v7.4? Your better off upgrading to the latest 7.0.x. The main thing is, if something doesn't work after you upgrade to v7.4, Cisco TAC will not support you. So just in case your templates doesn't work, you either have to manually make the changes in each WLC or you downgrade your WLC.

There are some commands that have changed between the two versions you have and really, you just have to try.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

Actually client wants to upgarde it to latest version becuase of code availabilty .And also with added newand enhanced feature features like...

Client is having plan to implement ISE in network for CWA that should have atleast 7.3 version

Control wireless user on per access point

Support for IPv6

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card