Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP361 - Problem with the setup wizard

MJ361
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I am trying to install my new WAP361. I am not an expert and I am facing a few issues. I managed to launch the set up wizard from my MacBook Air but it has been running now for 2days with a message saying 'This may take a few moments'.

This is the second time I am going through this process with this WAP. The first time I abandoned the set up after 24 hours and reset the WAP because the configuration was not complete. 

Do you have any recommendations? Am I supposed to wait until the configuration is complete? How long does this usually take?

For information, I can now now see the new wifi networks and I can connect using the new password with my Mac or other devices. Things therefore seem to be working ok but I fear I won't be able to access the access point anymore if I abandon the ongoing set up

Thanks for your help

MJ

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It should only take a couple minutes. You are connecting via Ethernet correct? What are you entering in the startup wizard? Are you setting a vlan id for management as that could be the cause.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

HI Scott

No I am connected with Ethernet. It looks like I could not connect to the WAP when I was connected via ethernet.

With regards to the configuration, I am not doing anything special. I gave a name to the network and set up passwords. 

Tonight this is still running and when I try to enter the IP address of the wifi in the search bar I cannot open the page

Thanks for your help

Are you still able to ping the AP?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

in the setup wizard did you change the ip-adress???

then the config WAS changed on the AP, that's why you can see the created SSID

but your browser must be manually reconnected to the new address.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card