cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0.164.3 Map editor picture not shown

jantonio.moron
Level 1
Level 1

I´m trying to edit the maps of my buildings but i only see a white image on the map editor. I've already tried  with png and jpg, also i've tried reducing dpi from 96dpi to 72dpi and to 32dpi but i always get the white image.

I have other WCS with previous version, and the strange thing is that a image that is ok for editing in the previous version of the WCS is not working in this latest version.

5 Replies 5

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the pixel size H x W?  Send over the file to me at sschmidt@cisco.com and I will give it a go in the lab.

I have some more information, the WCS where everything is working fine is version 7.0.164.0, so i took the same images i used there (campus, outdoor an indoor) and tried on the new WCS version 7.0.164.3 and when i open the map editor it seems to load the image but it is not shown, ¿should i download version?

I attached one of the images i used that is working  on 7.0.164.0 but not on 7.0.164.3.

I have tried this on my lab 7.0.164.3 server and am able to see the image in map editor when added as an outdoor area.

Have you tried removing the map completely and adding it again?

Yes i've tried deleting and creating it again, but it is not working.

I think i forgot a important thing, when i add a map i'm getting this message (see atached file)

Please go to Administration > Logging and check these log modules:

Configuration
Monitor
General
UI General
Administration
Tools

Then change the message level to TRACE and click submit.

Go back and recreate the issue and then go back to the logging area and download and send over the wcs-0-0.log to sschmidt@cisco.com.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card