Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS and Controller upgrade questions

Patrick McHenry
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

with the WCS should I install both the EXE file and the BIN fil or just the BIN file?

Also, for upgrading the Controllers where can I find the ER file. I have downloaded the 4.2.209.0 image but, can't find the 4.2.205.0 ER.aes. Does anyone know where this is?

where on the controller can I tell if I already have the ER file?

Thanks, Pat.

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

.EXE is for Windows platform and .BIN is for linux platform..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

here is the link for 4.2.205 ER for 4404 WLC..

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=279911269&flowid=7587&softwareid=280926587&release=4.2.205.0%20BOOT&rellifecycle=MD&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra,

Thanks for the info. I'm upgrading 4402's. Will the file on the link you posted be fine?

Also, How did you get to that file. Your link works fine I just want to know for future.To get the software image I goto wireless, Wireless LAN Controllers, standalone Controllers, Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers, 4402, Software on Chassis hten Wireless LAN Cotroller software, but don't see the ER file.

Thanks, Pat.

Hi Patrick,

The link which i posted is for 4404.. for 4402 here is the link..

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=279911193&flowid=7586&softwareid=280926587&release=4.2.112.0%20BOOT&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

The latest ER that we hav for 4402 is 4.2.112..

Q1>> To get the software image I goto wireless, Wireless LAN Controllers,  standalone Controllers, Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers,  4402, Software on Chassis hten Wireless LAN Cotroller software, but  don't see the ER file.

ANS - Yes you are right.. the above is the procedure to download the image.. "ER is nothing but the BOOT IMAGE, if you click on BOOT then the image will pop up as ER, the non BOOT will be in .aes format or something..

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

"Show sysinfo" is the command to check the ER or the Boot loader version..

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Patrick,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Surendra is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card