cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS does not support wall mount orientation of 1131 & 1000 APs w/int. ant.

johnruffing
Level 4
Level 4

I have been unable to determine how to indicate wall mount orientation of APs in the WLC for the 1000 series (AireSpace) and 1131AG series access points.

I can set the rotational direction they are pointing if ceiling mounted , but cannot indicate if they are located on the wall or ceiling.

I am assuming a ceiling mount configuration is all that is supported in the WCS.

As an aside, when attempting to correctly orient the antenna direction on the 1000 series AP, the diagram used on the WCS to indicate the orientation of "0 degrees" mark on the access point shows an AP as if it were sitting on a table (an invalid orientation - wall & ceiling are the recommended orientations). This means that you have to mentally "flip" the controller over to account for ceiling mount and then determine which way the arrow should be pointed on the WCS map - not much fun.

Any suggestions for dealing with wall-mounted orientation? Have I missed something?

For ceiling mount installations, how critical is it that the antennae orientation be configured on 1131AG and 1000 series models?

For wall mount, I would imagine that for determining location and RF planning that the wall mount / ceiling mount orientation would have a significant affect, yet I cannot seem to find any way to set this orientation.

- John

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card