Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS maps - AP bleed

erakepio_gsy
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

just setup a few maps in WCS.  1 of our main building and the other 2 of the smaller buildings.  The 2 smaller ones were simple and straight forward, however I'm getting some weird results with the main building.

In the main building we have 18 APs, 4 of which have external antennas and the rest with internal antennas.  I added all the internal ones first and the heat map seemed fine.  I should add that only 4 of the internal antennae AP's are broadcasting, the rest have had their radios switched off for the time being.

Soon as I added the the external ones, which are not broadcasting, the 4 internal antennae AP's which are broadcasting, seemed to be directional, which was different to what I was seeing previous.

WCS picks up that these are not directional AP's, but the heatmap seems to think differently.  Could this just be bleed from the APs??

1 Reply 1

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Simon,

Can you post a screengrab to illustrate what you mean? Maybe you could show before and after shots--before you added the 4 external APs and how the heatmap display changed after you added them.

WCS generates and paints heatmaps based on predictive algorithms, so there's a chance that the WCS thinks those APs with external antennas still have their radios on, which would influence the resultant heatmap.

Justin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card