cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Reports

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

I've been asked to create a report that shows the wireless usage of certain clients. The reports that I have tried so far have just given me the the time they connected and the time they disconnected. Is there a way to create a report that shows how much tx and rx data a client is creating? I tried the busiest clients report but, I'm looking to get a report of some specific clients that are not even close to the busiest clients. We are trying to make a business case for some specific devices.

thanks, Pat.

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

did you try going to "monitor->clients", finding the specific client(s) you like. On that client you select "session report", from there you customize content to include tx and rx in bytes or packets sent/received and you run the report ?

This is the way to do for clients 1 by 1. Alternatively you can run reports for all clients and export to CSV and from there select only the clients you want but I don't think there is a "multiple clients" selection directly on the WCS

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

when you said " try going to "monitor->clients", finding the specific client(s) you like." Did you mean the controller or wcs. Regardless I don't have the optio to pick a specific client other than the troubleshoot box.We are running 4.2.97. Thanks.

I meant WCS.

I don't have a 4.2 WCS running in my lab at the moment so can't answer more :-(

My point was "do a search for a clietn and bring its details, from there 6.0 allows to generate a report with customized fields".

Nicolas

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card