cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Reports

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

I've been asked to create a report that shows the wireless usage of certain clients. The reports that I have tried so far have just given me the the time they connected and the time they disconnected. Is there a way to create a report that shows how much tx and rx data a client is creating? I tried the busiest clients report but, I'm looking to get a report of some specific clients that are not even close to the busiest clients. We are trying to make a business case for some specific devices.

thanks, Pat.

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

did you try going to "monitor->clients", finding the specific client(s) you like. On that client you select "session report", from there you customize content to include tx and rx in bytes or packets sent/received and you run the report ?

This is the way to do for clients 1 by 1. Alternatively you can run reports for all clients and export to CSV and from there select only the clients you want but I don't think there is a "multiple clients" selection directly on the WCS

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

when you said " try going to "monitor->clients", finding the specific client(s) you like." Did you mean the controller or wcs. Regardless I don't have the optio to pick a specific client other than the troubleshoot box.We are running 4.2.97. Thanks.

I meant WCS.

I don't have a 4.2 WCS running in my lab at the moment so can't answer more :-(

My point was "do a search for a clietn and bring its details, from there 6.0 allows to generate a report with customized fields".

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card