cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wcs-wlc-ap

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! I've 2 controllers (5508) managed by Cisco WCS. What's the best and simpler way of pushing down the snmp config/string to the controllers and the wireless access points? How can this be done? The objective is to have these equipments (controllers and wireless access points) managed by cisco works. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

thomas03usmcsf
Level 1
Level 1

From WCS

Controller templates

Access point templates

Configure what you want and then push to controllers or ap's.

Take a look at the WCS configuration guide on Cisco's website

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

hi! I can only see the template for the controllers but not the access point. I logged into the WLC, and i did not see any settings can be configured for wireless AP as well. I'm using WCS version 7.x. Any idea?

With CUWN, you wouldn't be managing/monitoring the APs individually. There is no SNMP access to lightweight APs...

The WLC is what you would poll for any information regarding APs.....

hi! in that case, is there anyway that i can "see" these lightweight APs info (eg. for inventory) in CiscoWork?

WCS manages the Inventory and availability. CiscoWorks would only see the controller hardware. You could enable ssh on the ap's and have CiscoWorks login but I am not sure thats what your looking for. WAS manages the configs and all aspects of the AP and you can create automated reports about almost anything related to the pa's and forward alerts to CiscoWorks for tracking but WCS does a much better job.

Stan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: