cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS 1210

jefvaneijk
Level 1
Level 1

Afhter days of work i get local radius working and also WDS.

I have one AP that act as a radius server. To auth the other AP's i have ena LEAP. I see that the AP's are registered. But what now? i can only connect with my laptop on one AP (the one with local radius) Ik i go to a other AP with different SSID and i try to connect it does'nt work. I tought that in WDS mode every AP send it's data to the main AP? Or must i also configure the other AP the same as the main AP?

Thx

4 Replies 4

s.vautour
Level 1
Level 1

What authentication & encryption protocols are you trying to use with your WLAN clients?

Can you post your configs of your WDS Server & WDS Client?

Serge

Hi,

I use WPA2 with fast-eap. What i dont understand how to configure the second AP so that i can also connet whit the same credentilas as the MAIN ap.

Whe use two vlan's, one native and one where to users are.

Here's partial config:

WDS Client:

ssid SSIDNAME

!The method doesn't have the defined on this AP

authentication open eap eap_methods

wlccp ap username XXXXXX password YYYYYYY

!This LEAP U/P must exist on RADIUS Server that the WDS Server points to for WDS Client authentication ( could be local Radius on the WDS AP or remote Radius Server).

WDS Server:

aaa group server radius rad_eap

server 1.2.3.4 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

!This group will Auth WLAN Clients

aaa group server radius rad_wds

server 1.2.3.5 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

!This group will Auth WDS Client APs (could be the same IP as the WLAN Clients)

!

aaa authentication login eap_methods group rad_eap

aaa authentication login wds_methods group rad_wds

aaa authentication login client_methods group rad_eap

!

ssid SSIDNAME

authentication open eap eap_methods

!

wlccp authentication-server infrastructure wds_methods

!Defines which method to use to auth WDS Client APs

wlccp authentication-server client any client_methods

!Defines which method to use to auth WLAN Clients

With WDS properly configured, you should see the WDS Client from the Server (show wlccp). The WDS Client AP authenticates itself to the WDS Server using LEAP. When authenticated correctly, the WDS Client AP will forward all EAP requests to the WDS Server who will then forward them on to the defined Radius Server. Any EAP type can be used to authenticate the WLAN users.

I hope this helps.

Serge

Oke WDS is working, but i have two problems. On my latop i try to connect with WPA2 and EAP-FAST. I type i the username and passw but i still get the following back.

"802.1x Auth has failed due a challange failure. This may have happend because of wrong user credentials"

Must i use a PAC file?

The second AP how must i configure this? The same as the first onle with a different SSID?

Config of master WDS is attached

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card