cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Authentication guest users

s-santhosh
Level 1
Level 1

If I create the guest user accounts on WCS instead of WLC.

What should be the typical configuration to redirect the guest user authentications to WCS instead of WLC itself.

Do I have to consider the external authentication and configure with the WCS url on WLC web authentication

(or)

Created Guest users on WCS can be imported to the WLC using the auditing on WCS.

3 Replies 3

bryn.thomas
Level 1
Level 1

The users you create on WCS will be published to the selected WLC's you will see this as part of the process when you create the user.

WCS is just used to manage multiple WLCs so doesn't replace any of the WLC functions. In other words you can create a guest user and publish it onto multiple WLCs without having to create each user on each WLC individually.

Thanks for giving clarity on this,

We have nearly 133 guest user accounts on WCS. These are created week back.

Wondering why these are not pushed on to WLC.

The Audit status on WCS showing as mismatch with the controller.

The mismatch details are showing the list of user accounts not present on WLC.

Mismatch shows total of only 60 user accounts are not present on WLC.

But there are total 133 Guest user accounts configured on WCS.

I have verified the local guest accounts on WLC and found only 10 user accounts are present.

So there are nearly 63 user accounts are missing?

Alteat for these 60 users can I publish them manually.

Hi,

Yes you can push those 60 clients to WLC from WCS, then i would say run the audit again and see if it picks up the rest of the users.

Ensure that the wlc and user are in the same virtual domain (if not root).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: