cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is default 1800S Wireless Sensor Userid/Password when disconnected from DNAC?

4mellis
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1800S Sensor Image Version 2.2.2.0 provisioned with wired backhaul to DNAC version 2.1.2.4

When sensor is connected on subnet with DHCP Option 43 for the DNAC,  I'm able to login to console and SSH with the SSH password configured in DNAC.

When I move to a different subnet without Option 43 for the DNAC, 1800S LED has Red/Green lights and I cannot login to Console or SSH with the Username/Password configured in DNAC.
Also can't login with the default Cisco/Cisco username password.   

How do I log in to sensor to verify it has the DNAC and NTP server information that should be provisioned from DNAC when claimed?  

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Option 43 is mandatory for the sensor. The 1800s is not an access point so don’t think it saves the controller info like an AP does.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you, this is helpful.  The Sensor provisioning documentation needs to make that clear.

This is unfortunate because our DNAC covers a large amount of subnets.  We will likely need to use the pnpserver DNS option instead.

I am able to console and SSH to the Sensor, but neither doucmented default user Cisco/Cisco nor the SSH username/password provisioned from DNAC is working in the state the sensor does not have the DHCP option.    Is this intentional? 

It would be nice to be able to save controller info with the DNAC reference, so we can send the sensor to multiple sites.

It would also be nice to be able to SSH to the sensor to use cli to provide the ntp server and DNAC reference.

It would be nice, but again, these are not access points. The documentation does state that option 43 or DNS is required to discover the DNAc. There is also console and day-0 ssh if the sensor is brand new and or factory defaulted.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Username is sensor. PW Is password 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card