Views
Helpful
Replies

What is difference between AIR-ANT2547V-N vs AIR-ANT2547V-N-HZ

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

In a hazardous environment the Cisco AIR-CAP1552H AP is often used. Sure, it's almost end of Sale, but my question is around the omnidirectional antennas that this model of AP supports.

The AIR-ANT2547V series has three flavours (see datasheet)

What is the implication of NOT installing the antenna with the -HZ suffix? Does that mean the other two antennas should NOT be used in a hazardous environment? Why would Cisco state that you can install a non haz antenna on an AP that is purpose built for hazardous environments?  And if the V-N and VG-N antennas are indeed safe to use in hazardous environments, then what the heck is the N-HZ antenna for? Cisco table below says "hazardous".  If someone has authoritative information then please respond. I am as good as guessing as anyone - that doesn't help me.

AIR-ANT2547V.PNG

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Arne

My guess is that the AP supports all those antennas and the -HZ antenna is used when the APs is actually installed in the hazardous area.

Might be best to check with your Cisco SE to see clarification from Cisco directly

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi mate

thanks for that. I suspected the same. Customer definitely has these APs in hazardous environments (everything has to be intrinsically safe - gas, danger of explosions etc.) - and therefore I am trying to get confirmation.

I will check with local SE.

cheers

this document specifies the -HZ as IP67 rated , where the non-hz has no specification

but this document that mentions both antenna as having same specifications mentions IP66, IP67 

not clear if this applies to the different antenna's

silvio.lui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello... use this b_iw6300_hig.pdf to get the best information about those APs. But he difference is the -HZ has a intermediated frequency band between 2.4 and 5 Ghz and is certified to UL 50E standard for Electrical Equipment Enclosures (because UL does not have a standard that is harmonized with the IEC) 

AIR-ANT2450V-N-HZ = 2.4-2.483   5.25-5.85GHz   4/7 dBi Omni by Laird Technologies (UL 50E, type 4 or 4X.)

Silvio Silva
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card