cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to see the Netflow and AVC stats on Cisco Prime that are exported from WLC?

sandevsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts, we have configured the 5500 WLC (Ver 8.3) for Netflow and Flex connect AVC and exporting all this info to Cisco Prime 3.1. Where should I be seeing these stats in Prime? when I go under Prime to Dashboard> Service-assurance, it says that dashboard has been deprecated. 

Please advise?

6 Replies 6

Hi

To see AVC info on Prime you need Assurance license, do you have it?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Yes we do have that license.

We do have the Assurance license, License limit for that is 25. What next should be done so that I can see the avc/netflow information from WLC in Prime?

Under Dashboard -> Performance -> Application should be your data. I think the other Performance ones should also have data. If the dashboard are empty, make sure you actually receive netflow data unter Services -> Data Sources.
Please note, at least in my case with Pi 3.2.2 this feature is broken, but I'm pretty sure it was working in 3.1.x.
Make sure you use the correct port for export 9991 on the WLC and select the Prime optimized flows (the one named with better performance).

Thankyou for the reply.

I have configured everything, and upon verifying under Prime . Services>AVC> Data sources i do see my WLC listed there but under the "last 5 min flow" column, i see ZERO flows. Under the "last active time" column i see NA. 

On the other hand on my 2500 series WLC, from the cli if i run the command "show flow exporter stats", i do see that my WLC is sending netflow flows to the Prime.

What could be the reason that the Prime showing no results? 

Also my APs are running in the FlexConnect mode, could this be the reason? 

I think that's one (or several) bug in PI 3.2.2. I just discovered that the new Hotfix 1 does fix a few issues under Dashboard -> Site Summary, but the Dashboard -> Performance are still empty. Please note, it takes up to 24 hrs after installing Hotfix 1 until the Site Summary starts working.

[edit]

After resetting all filters (time, user, location, ...) the graphs work now again!

So yeah, with Patch 3.2.2 and Hotfix 1 and waiting 24 hours (needed for once a day running assurance license background task) the graphs finally work again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card