cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi access point setup time (summer and autumn time changes)

leam2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have a Wifi access point (model cisco AIR-AP1832I-E-K9).

In France, time changes every last Sunday of March 3:00 (plus one hour) and every last Sunday of October 2:00 (minus one hour).
Can you tell me how to configure this in command line for my cisco AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 Wifi AP?

As a comparison, on a Cisco ISR4331, I have the following line in my configuration:

clock summer-time CET recurring last Sun Mar 3:00 last Sun Oct 2:00

Thank you for your help.
Best regards.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the AP is running on Mobility Express, you can configure NTP and timezone via CLI or GUI.
Point the NTP to the router and configure the timezone accordingly.

Hello and thank you for your answer.

Below is how NTP was configured by default:

(Cisco Controller) >show time

Time............................................. Wed Oct 31 11:34:13 2018

Timezone delta................................... 0:0
Timezone location................................ (GMT +1:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Vienna

NTP Servers
    NTP Version..................................     3
    NTP Polling Interval.........................     86400

Index     NTP Key Index                  NTP Server                Status          NTP Msg Auth Status
    -------  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
       1              0                      0.ciscome.pool.ntp.org     In Sync              AUTH DISABLED
       2              0                      1.ciscome.pool.ntp.org     Not Tried            AUTH DISABLED
       3              0                      2.ciscome.pool.ntp.org     Not Tried            AUTH DISABLED

Note that the time "Wed Oct 31 11:34:13 2018" is not correct.
The correct time is "Wed Oct 31 10:34:13 2018".

I ran the following commands:

(Cisco Controller) > config time ntp server 1 <ip_of_cisco_isr_4331_router>

(Cisco Controller) > config time ntp delete 2

(Cisco Controller) > config time ntp delete 3

After running these commands, I get no synchronization with <ip_of_cisco_isr_4331_router> and the time is still not correct:

(Cisco Controller) >show time

Time............................................. Wed Oct 31 11:50:56 2018

Timezone delta................................... 0:0
Timezone location................................ (GMT +1:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Vienna

NTP Servers
    NTP Version..................................     3
    NTP Polling Interval.........................     86400

Index     NTP Key Index       NTP Server                      Status          NTP Msg Auth Status
    -------  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
       1              0            <ip_of_cisco_isr_4331_router>   Not Synched          AUTH DISABLED

Please help me setup this properly.
Best regards.

Hello,

The Cisco Aironet 1830 Series Mobility Express failed to synchronize with <cisco_isr_4331_router> because this last device's firewall was dropping NTP traffic.

I configured the Wifi WLC like this:

(Cisco Controller) > config time timezone location 13

Now, time is correct on the Wifi WLC.
The problem is that the 13 timezone location corresponds to  "(GMT) London, Lisbon, Dublin, Edinburgh" and I am in France...

Also, I configured the CUCME for SIP phones like that:

cisco_isr_4331_router(config)# voice register global
cisco_isr_4331_router(config-register-global)# timezone 22
cisco_isr_4331_router(config-register-global)# no create profile
cisco_isr_4331_router(config-register-global)# create profile
cisco_isr_4331_router(config-register-global)# reset

Now, the phones have a correct time.

The problem is that timezone 22 corresponds to "Greenwich Standard Time +0" and again, I am in France...

I don't get this stuff.

Best regards.

Hi, I think we have the same issue and it's actually a bug. The summer time start and end dates in the firmware seem to be wrong: https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/mobility-express-stuck-in-dst/m-p/3735294

Check the time on your WLC again. If it's still set to GMT the time most likely is now behind one hour. So you can set it to the correct time zone GMT+1. Cisco just miscalculated the end of European Summer Time by one week...

Hello Maurice,

Thank you very much.

> Check the time on your WLC again. If it's still set to GMT the time most likely is now behind one hour.

Yes, indeed.

> Check the time on your WLC again. If it's still set to GMT the time most likely is now behind one hour.

I did this, time is correct now on the WLC.

As for the CUCME, time is correct on the Cisco 8821 phones, but the timezone I set is still "timezone 22" which corresponds to "Greenwich Standard Time +0"...

Best regards.

I contacted Cisco about this back in March and they confirmed that it's a bug. A fix will be included in ME 8.10 (scheduled for August): https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo87382

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card