Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi Disconnected

Hello

I am present some issues with my clients, laptops connect and disconnect from the wireless network sometime i have to disable and enable the wirelless card to conected again, i checked the laptop and enable that the wireless network card is always active but the issue continues, the other issue is the laptop are jumping from one ap to another even though the laptop are close of the ap.

are there someone that can i help me? please, I would appreciate any comment.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start simple and look at one thing at a time.  1st, did anything change?  No updates were pushed, no network changes?  Have you validated that your ap's are all joined and in the correct configuration?

Also, please state what equipment you have, the model number and code.  Also the end devices and if all devices have issues or if you isolated the issue with a specific device or model?  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott

I have a 2504 controller and the aps are AIR-CAP3702E-N-K9 model, i upgraded to 8.5.161.0 version, the configure i apply some avc profile, the aps are all joined to controller whitout problem, about the laptop are diferent model but the strange thet some laptop of the same model doesn´t have problem, today i add a microsoft surface pro and it do the same problem.

regards!!!

Well I think you need to revert your changes. Then hopefully you have a lab in which you can upgrade and test to determine what is causing the issue you have. Also whenever you upgrade, you should compare the configurations pre and post using a diff tool to check if anything changed or was added.
-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this only happening to laptops?  What about tablets and smartphones? 

Hello Leo

now that you mention it, with some smartphone it does the same. 

Hello Scott

Is good your idea but a dont have the equipment to do a laboratory, all my equipment are in production. 

If your changes are causing an impact, then you should revert your changes.  If you don't, all you will be doing is experimenting to see what helps.  Making changes in production to try to figure out the issue is a very bad idea.  You also made multiple changes which is also not a very good idea since you didn't test and validate.  If you open a TAC case and tell them that you upgraded and made some configuration changes, they too will probably tell you to revert back.  What you can do is remove all the configuration changes you did and see if the upgrade caused issues.  If so, then revert back, if not, then the upgrade is okay, then make config changes one at a time and when a config changes breaks your environment, then you know what not to do.

-Scott

And on laptops make sure all wireless drivers are updated to the latest version from the vendor.

Make sure smartphones are updated to latest version of OS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: