cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi problem with connect network company

phuongtb
Level 1
Level 1

e0ada42823a2fdfca4b3.jpg3b21b72b30a1eeffb7b0.jpg451a4c8f7013ae4df702.jpgHi everyone.

I have problem with wifi at company

So, currently, i used AP Cisco AP2800-280SI-S-K9(used for controller).

i used laptop Lenovo and Dell join domain company and connect wifi at company ( 2 SSID internal + 1 SSID Guest )

- When i connect wifi SSID internal -> it have problem (sometime user cannot wifi - No Internet,secured) -> i try disconnect and connect again -> it working.

- Sometimes, it disconnect  -> it delete card LAN (Card Wifi - i install driver card Lan...)

-> When i disconnect, i will try cmd -> IPconfig /all -> no ip...no information show.

- When i connect wifi SSID Guest -> no problem -> used normally.

- when i bring laptop connect wifi outside company -> working normally.

I will trying to upgrade firmware version new but nothing to change.

6 Replies 6

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

The most possible issue here maybe with authentication, as Guest SSIDs use to be open or using WPA2-Personal, but corporate Wi-Fi use to use WPA2-Enterprise and 802.1X so there is a piece of software called supplicat in the client that could be introducing issues in the connection.

You would need to run a debug to check for the issues during authentication. Once you've captured debugs when you reproduce the issue upload the debug to https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-debug-analyzer/ to get a summary with the issues.

Currently, my company use Guest SSID using WPA2-Personal and corporate wifi use WPA2-Enterprise. 

so there is a piece of software called supplicat in the client that could be introducing issues in the connection. -> How can i see or how can i find it? Have you come across this situation before?

It problem with some PC ( And another is normally ). 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What version of software are you using on the AP?
Have you updated all WiFi drivers on the laptops?
Test disabling advanced features which can cause problems for some clients like FT etc.

Hi ,

My version AP OS is 8.10.171.0 (Firmware).

My policy company is setup win by network, so my manager always update driver newest wifi driver. (Some PC have problem but another normally) 

Test disabling advanced features which can cause problems for some clients like FT etc. -> for example...

-1 PC have problem ->  that doesn't happen often. (1 weeks -> 3-4times/week)

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Here you have a good reference guide about how to collect debugs in AireOS controllers.
Here some of those commands to be used in this case:

## DEBUG CLIENT + AUTHENTICATION
debug client <MAC>
debug aaa events enable
debug aaa detail enable
debug aaa packet enable
debug pm pki enable
debug pem state enable
debug pem events enable
debug dot1x all enable
debug dhcp message enable
debug dhcp packet enable