Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wired Guest LAN with C9800

hi everybody

i have tested wired guest lan with one C9800 Foreign in the LAN and one C9800 Anchor in the DMZ.

it works very well with this.
but with this architecture "foreign/anchor", i must have 2 C9800 and use a DMZ.

it's possible to use a guest wired lan, with just one C9800 (without Foreign/Anchor deployment model)?
like the AirOS controllers (wlc5520,...), with just one ingress interface and one egress interface in the same 9800?

because the end customer want replace 1to1 his old wlc5520, with just one 9800, without use DMZ....

i look everywhere, but i don't find nothing
I tried to adapt the configuration of the 9800, but without success.
(in c9800 log, i have already a message "anchor not configured in policy")

i think it's not possible with just one c9800... and c9800 Foreign/Anchor is mandatory?

thanks
4 Replies 4

heleros
Level 1
Level 1

I was also looking for, but unfortunatelly i didn´t find anything regarding wired guest with c9800. So we just let the old 5520 WLC Controller for Wired Guest Authetification.

In C9800 i found that there are some Wired Guests Commandos like guest-lan profile-name .... Maybe you can configure it by yourself.

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

up to the recent 9800 code 17.4.1 the Wired Guest solution is supported only with Foreign/Anchor scenario, maybe this will be changed in the future releases. 

Note: 9800 and AireOS WLCs in Foreign/Anchor scenario is supported as well as any combination of 9800 appliance and virtual controllers.

Hi Grenzider

Can I use C9800-CL (virtual) at least for DMZ Anchor ? Or is HW C9800 mandatory ? If virtual C9800-CL is permitted, what kind of license do I need ?

Thanks

Ondrej

Yes, 9800-CL "private cloud" is supported as Anchor WLC and you don’t need any license on the Anchor unless you will connect APs to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card