Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Access point 9120 AXI Coverage issue

ranjiccie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed 9800 WL controller and connected the access point is 9120 AXI, the access points are installed top of the ceiling, and All users are sitting nearby access point,

The problem is users are facing disconnection issues and Microsoft teams video call issue, I have gone through that connected clients in controller , some of the clients  signal strength dbi is more than 75 dbi.our customer have old access point have good coverage. users have no issues with. but the new access point 9120 AXI most of the users having the signal coverage issues.

19 Replies 19

ksoltani
Level 1
Level 1

I have Wlc Cisco C9800-L Software version 17.3.1 and Cisco AP Software version 17.3.1.9
I have the same issue on our site, users claim that there are cuts with Microsoft Teams and I do a ping test the response time exceeds 100 ms
I asked the same question today in cisco forum for cuts with microsoft teams apparently is a release bug

Is it possible a cisco support employee that we confirmed is a release bug or is there another way to resolve this issue

did u got any solutions.

@ranjiccie no not yet, I discovered the issue yesterday and I asked my manager to open a cause with cisco support
ona other site uses old range of AP is no problem with Ms Teams
Apparently the issue related to the 9K series wifi AP level

cisco support what did it say about it is a problem ??

In the next few days, if I found a solution I will share it with you

@ksoltani and @ranjiccie  did you read the bug notes and try the suggested workaround?

You really should not be using 17.3.1 - so many bug fixes since that was released.  Suggest you upgrade to 17.3.5a with CSCwb13784 SMU for a start:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286323158/type/282046477/release/Amsterdam-17.3.5a

Then read the workaround details in https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa31596 because that has not been fixed yet in a released version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card