Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP - Bridge Mode

Mahmoud Bakri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am working on a wireless outdoor solution.

I have 20 APs ( 1532I ) that should provide internet access to an outdoor area. ( Mesh topology )

Only 5 APs can be reached with Ethernet connection and therefore would be connected to the WLC.

1)Those 5 APs should be discovered by the WLC and should be configured as RAPs ?

2) How can I configure the remaining 15 APs to reach those RAPs ? they should be in autonomous mode at first ?

Thanks ,

Mahmoud

1 Reply 1

Dennis Kline
Level 1
Level 1

First, if at all possible, you should pre-configure and stage everything in your shop or lab before installing in the field.

- Make sure you have all of the mac address loaded in your WLC mac filtering list

- Configure your RAPs and ensure they connect to the WLC.

- When you turn on the mesh radios, since they have nothing connected to their Ethernet port they will assume they are a MAP,  and they will begin to search for a RAP to connect with.

- Once everything is connected and working, you can begin to segment mesh radios by bridge group and do any final configurations.

.....dennis.kline@yahoo.com...(It takes an Act of God to fade a wireless path, but any fool with a backhoe can cut fiber)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card