Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridge with layer 2 switches

I am having a problem getting a wireless bridge to work.  I have two Cisco 1530e access points with directional antennas connected to Cisco 2960x switches.  I am wanting to use them to get network access to the other side of our stadium.  I have configured the access points as root and non root bridge and got the bridge up, but haven't figured out how to pass traffic.  Right now I have both sides set up as trunk ports with a native vlan on both sides.  Do I need to do something different to be able to have a transparent bridge that will just pass traffic across it.  I am sure I am leaving a lot out, but please let me know and I will get it.  Here is a basic diagram of how it is setup:

The 2960x at the top is connected to the 3750 which is our edge router that comes back to our main data center.

2 Replies 2

Check this post and it should give you how to configure your bridge to carry multiple vlans. (first set up with basic configs without complicating it with security settings. Later on you can add any security such as WPA2-PSK or WPA2 with EAP)

https://mrncciew.com/2013/11/09/wireless-bridge-with-eap-fast/

Still if you face any issues pls attach your two AP configs in next response to check.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thank you for the help.  I will test it out Monday and get back to you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card