cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless bridging

marcelnjkoks
Level 1
Level 1

Which access points can be used as wireless bridges these days?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/16041-bridge-faq.html#q1a

However the particular FAQ is from 2009 ...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes, this is not a valid document anymore.
Hence my remark about these days.

- I was thinking it might be , it would be nice if Cisco could remove FAQ's which are totally outdated.

M. 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Wouldn't that be nice!!

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are looking for a point to point bridge my recommendation would be to go with Fluidmesh, If you are looking for point to point bridge using Cisco Wireless AP's then you can use Catalyst 9124, Aironet 1562, Aironet 3802 are some examples, this list may vary on the platform of WLC, code running etc. So take a good look at the release notes before you quote or purchase.

Thanks, we're putting a solution together with 1562's. 

if you like Autonomous AP using as bridges (Root/Non-Root/WGB), ac wave1 APs (x700 series) are the best. Yes, Cisco has discontinued autonomous code products, still, it works if you are happy with 11ac wave 1.

WGB functionality is there in x800 series products, also mesh option there with WLC based APs

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card