Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless clients face latency issues

ravisambaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I have Cisco 1140 access points and 5508 controller in my network. I have configured 2 SSIDs. One SSID is working fine, we have issue with second SSID. Clients getting connected to second SSID are facing the latency issue, latency is around 1000 ms where as with first SSID the latency is around 100 ms.

The layer-3 gateway for the user VLANs is in switch. The link between controller and L3 switch is trunk port and we have allowed only required vlans on the trunk. We even configured seperate test ssid and mapping to different vlan id.. still we face the same issue.

What could be the issue, help is appreciated.

Regards

Ravi

16 Replies 16

So tell me more about the environment. Is it a large amount of users, a small branch office, windows machines, are they connected to the 5ghz or 2.4ghz, do you know if there is interference in that area?

If you map that SSID to the good subnet, check to see if your ping times are still high. This might mean interference in a certain area. The only changes you can make is on the SSID and if you set it to open, then we have to eliminate the wlc SSID vlan as a problem.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

If you could share the debug output of < debug client mac address > , it would be helpful to understand for further troubleshooting ....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card