cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller locking down User per SSID

sactoraymond
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Wireless Controller 4112. We use WPA enterprise mode for authentication and encryption via Microsoft IAS server and MS AD domain.

My question is how to lock down a user to a specific SSID? I would guess that this is via some vendor specific radius attributes, am I right? And if so, what would be the name (and ID) for the attributes?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can configure VLANs on these controllers. This way you can segment the network and assign users based on the SSID and VLAN.

Making progress in setting up the wireless controller with multiple VLAN and WLAN/SSID. I create a virtaul interface at the controller and assign a VLAN number to it. The controller mgmt port is also set to a trunk port. Create a new SSID WLAN and have it mapped to the new virtual interface. Things work good.

The new problem I am trying to solve is how to prevent wired users to access the controller admin web interface via the virtual interface IP. I try create ACL and map it to the virtual interface. It doesn't seem working.

rsommer
Level 1
Level 1

any luck with this? interested in the same thing...

let me know

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card