cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Deployment

richprime890
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am having a Cisco wireless lan controller model 9800-L with an access point model 9136I, successfully joined to the controller. I created two WLANs(SSIDs) which are being broadcasted by the APs.
But before that, I already created three VLANs, one for management and two for my WLANs(SSIDs) on the controller.Also my 3 dhcp pools are on my core switch for the VLANs, the controller is connected via a trunk port on the core switch and APs are also connected via access port on an Access switch which has a trunk link to the core switch.
But the problem is when a client connects to any of the WLANs(SSIDs), it shows from the client’s end ‘cannot connect to this network’.
Please an advice on this problem.
I try changing the AP’s port an the access switch as trunk but appears not joined on the controller dashboard.

3 Replies 3

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

You must be using APs in local mode, so all traffic is forwarded to LAN from the WLC, not from the APs.

HAve you mapped the Policy Profiles to the corresponding VLANs? Can you show the configuration of the Policy Profiles? HAve you attached the Policy Tag to the corresponding WLAN and Policy profiles? Have you added this tag to the APs?

Yeah, policy and tags are applied correctly. So please which mode should the APs run.?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the 9800-L controller     configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output from that into :
 Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card