cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Design help needed

jmccartney1
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4402 controllers with (6) 1242AP's and I'm wondering would it be beneficial to add a couple more AP's to our network to accomodate more users that are coming in or design for a new platform?

I'm not sure what the costs may be to go to a new controller based platform or what AP's would be best (1130's?).

Can onyone provide some insight not in depth but ballpark figures.

thanks.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have 4402 controllers with (6) 1242AP's and I'm wondering would it be beneficial to add a couple more AP's to our network to accomodate more users that are coming in or design for a new platform?

Yes.

I'm not sure what the costs may be to go to a new controller based platform or what AP's would be best (1130's?).

Depends on your budget.  The most affordable WAP that only supports 802.11a/b/g is the 1130.  If you want to support 802.11 a/b/g/n then you should be looking at the 1040. 

Can onyone provide some insight not in depth but ballpark figures.

You need to ask your nearest authorized Cisco reseller.  Get a quote from at least three of them so you know what you're up against. 

If you still think they are pricey, then try Cisco Refurbished

Hi leo

how do you distinguise between cisco new product and refurbished product

( anyway to distinguise between them, i.e part no .... or any other method )

thanks

Vishal

how do you distinguise between cisco new product and refurbished product

( anyway to distinguise between them, i.e part no .... or any other method )

Look at the Product ID of the appliance or the box.  Refurbished have the suffix of "-R" or "-Ref".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card