Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Guest network config question

Hello,

I have installed SAP2602I access points at my customers location and configured a corporate network and a guest network.  Everything works fine except when a user is connected to the guest network, they cannot access a web server that is hosted internally.  Users on the guest network can access any other web-site fine, just not the one hosted by this same company on a local machine.  This locally hosted web-site can be accessed by users from the Internet just fine.

I am guessing there is an issue with routing but I am not sure what, any ideas?

Thanks,

Mitchell Smith

North Texas Networks

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's probably not a routing issue but a hair pinning issue.

Talk to your security people and make sure the firewall is allowing connections that attempt to access the external address but are coming from internal.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.  I am sure the problem is a hair pinning issue as the firewall config does not allow connections to the outside address from internal clients.

Can you give me a sample config to make this work?  Is it just a firewall mod or more than that?

Thanks,

Mitchell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card