Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless HomeLab

jtaisie
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would very much appreciate if someone could assist me with my HomeLab setup. Currently, I have ordered one Cisco 871W wireless device and looking forward to other network component/s that support Cisco 871W to create a complete HomeLab. The aim is CCNA Wireless and subsequently CCNP Wireless. Of course, I would like to have a go with CCNA Wireless first.

I appreciate your suggestions and recommendations on the setup or related issues for that matter.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're better of going with access points (1140 for example that can be both capwap or IOS) and a 2106 WLC.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're better of going with access points (1140 for example that can be both capwap or IOS) and a 2106 WLC.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

I will look at the features of the models you mentioned and if I have questions (regarding them), I will put them down on this thread.

Regards

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It all comes down to how much you want spend ?  You can get a 4402-12 for under 2k in some cases on ebay.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George,

I think this option is far too wide for the budget. But yes, that is something I may look at in the future.

I have a pretty extensive lab and I am always willing to share with other Wireless colleagues..

2 4402-12, ACS, WCS, 1252,1132 etc ... Let me know if you need something to pound on remotely ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin