Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIreless Lan Controller- WIndows detecting IP conflict duplicated

Hi team,

Sorry if this is not the right post, I tried to find the answer but failed as there are other type of scenearios completely different.

This is my background: 

I have a AIR-CT8510-K9 Wireless Lan Controller. The topology is quite simple. I have several APs 3700i Series connected to the master switch and this switch is connected to the WLC.

This issue happens ramdomly as Im not able to identify the root cause. Some users have reported they gett the message: "Windows has detected an IP address conflict" Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue. etc

What could be something related to this issue that is causing to get this error?

I know that may be Im not providing full information related to the problem, but have you have any type of this error?

The DHCP is on another subnet behind a FW,  so the normal flow is:

Computer tries to connect to the SSID

Core Switch get the traffic  from the APA and redirects the traffic with the IP helper feature to get the IP settings.

Once done, PCs should get IP address and can surf.

any ideas as to why the computer is getting or any info that you want ,I will be more than glad to provide

Regards, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

if this is only happening with windows clients , then this is due to CSCtn27420 , details in the link below:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtn27420

it's related to the switch where the WLC is connected , or flex APs . 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

if this is only happening with windows clients , then this is due to CSCtn27420 , details in the link below:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtn27420

it's related to the switch where the WLC is connected , or flex APs . 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card