cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless - lic

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! we currently have 100 lic for wlc 5508 and wcs. I forsee that we can't get the license on time as we will be deploying 110 access points soon. is there any temp license oversubscribed allowed? and what's the qty allowed for wlc and wcs? btw, is there any downtime required while upgrading lic in a month time? and shd i upgrade the wlc follow by the wcs or the other way round? Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will not be able to get a temp license for the WLC. For WCS... I would wouldn't worry so much about that since it doesn't affect your wireless environment since it is for management. If you can't get the license by the time you cutover, you can at least set the AP priority. This will allow you to decide what AP's are important to have up and those AP's will have priority in joining the wlc over others that have a lower priority.

I've been able to expedite a license for both on the same day the PO was cut.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will not be able to get a temp license for the WLC. For WCS... I would wouldn't worry so much about that since it doesn't affect your wireless environment since it is for management. If you can't get the license by the time you cutover, you can at least set the AP priority. This will allow you to decide what AP's are important to have up and those AP's will have priority in joining the wlc over others that have a lower priority.

I've been able to expedite a license for both on the same day the PO was cut.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card