Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Location

Leandro Nunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a curiosity.. would it be able to me response on which platform linux work the wireless location?

Regards,

2 Replies 2

conmurph
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leandro,

Do you need to know what Linux releases work with WCS? If so, here is the link to the release notes and the operating systems supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN6_0_170.html#wp44427

The following operating systems are supported:

Windows 2003/SP2 and Windows 2003 R2/SP2 32-bit installations with all critical and security Windows updates installed.

Windows 2003/SP2 64-bit installations are not supported. A 32-bit operating system running on a 64-bit capable hardware is supported.

Windows 2003 32-bit installations provide support for up to 64 GB of RAM provided Physical Address Extension (PAE) is enabled. Refer to Windows documentation for instructions on enabling this mode.

Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5.X 32-bit operating system installations.

Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5.X 64-bit operating system installations are not supported. A 32-bit operating system running on a 64-bit capable hardware is supported.

Windows 2003 and Redhat Linux version support on VmWare ESX 3.0.1 version and above.

Individual operating systems running WCS in VmWare must follow the specifications for the size of WCS you intend to use.

Cheers,

Conor

Actually I would like to know in which platform Location works and no WCS.

In  any way I thank for the attention and response.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card