Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Management Solution

anas.awad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I would like to ask for help, at least where to start or guide me.

We have a new requirement for our wireless network only for Guest Internet Management.

For the Guest SSID now the user must not enter the password rather an random password must be generated from the system and given printed.

Scenario is as below

The Authentication method is very simple (Just enter the Random Password Generated for guest SSID)

1. But This Guest SSID and Random Password Information must be printed like a receipt. There must be a printer involved.

when the Customer Comes, he/she will press a button on the printer or the relevant device and the random password must be generated and printed for the Guest SSID.

1. Also the Browsing must be restricted for 1 hour only.
  2. It should have Full Bandwidth for that period of browsing.

Hope you understand the requirements

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You will need either Cisco ISE and use the built-in guest portal or a third party software that you would be able to integrate. It almost seems like this would be custom where you would need some development. You can possible have a developer code a web portal which just generates a username and password and that system then sends the configuration to the wireless controllers. That system then can have a timer that would get triggered to send a disassociation to the controllers to remove that device using that username and also remove the account. ISE and some other tools I have used and seen, you have a manual process for the user to input information before a login is generated and emailed or sent via sms.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Google for online captive portal solutions, for example (not tested): https://www.ironwifi.com/
Those solutions you can typically integrate into the WLC (here a manual for that company): https://www.ironwifi.com/cisco-wlc/

There are many other companies offering similar solutions.

anas.awad
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys, i think now i have clear idea.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card